PoC in the Osaka Metro
In the Osaka Metro, PoC of next generation gate is carrying out. The used technology is face recognition and QR code.
Outline of the test
The test is carrying out at 4 stations during about year.
- A length of a time:
- Daikokucho, Dobutsuen-mae, Morinomiya, Dome-mae Chiyozaki
- An authentication using face recognition or QR code
The following links is an announcement by the Osaka Metro.
- Starting PoC of next generation gate using face recogntion technology
- [YouTube] "Metro News" vol.39 Face recognition gate is powered up!
- [YouTube] "Metro News" vol.16 Support face recognition! PoC of next generation gate
Machine for test
4 manufacturers participate in the PoC, and the gate manufacturers differ in each station.
|Dobutsuen-mae||THE NIPPON SIGNAL||1|
Daikokucho station (TAKAMISAWA CYBERNETICS)
One of two machine was replaced in August 2020. The new model is a little shorter and the shape of a camera is changed.
Announcements by TAKAMISAWA CYBERNETICS are the follows.
- About the start of operation of next generation gate in PoC at Osaka Metro
- Announcement of a participation to next generation gate PoC at Osaka Metro
Dobutsuen-mae station (THE NIPPON SIGNAL)
At first, special body was used. But the machine has been replaced by GX8 based body with camera for face recognition and QR code scanner.
Morinomiya station (OMRON)
The machine seems to be based on PG-R. Camera and QR code scanner is installed in it.
Dome-mae Chiyozaki station (TOSHIBA)
One of two machine was replaced by EG5000 series based.
(Published on 2020/10/26)